In case you missed it, Instagram, the ridiculously popular photo and video sharing social platform, turned three years old last week. During those three years, the company swiftly overcame some tough obstacles (including a huge backlash to its proposed privacy changes) to remain the selfie addict’s app of choice. In three short years it has racked up some impressive feats. For instance, it has amassed 150 million users worldwide, who have collectively shared a brain-melting 16 billion photos. Figures like this prompted social giant Facebook to snap up the company for an estimated $1 billion in 2012 as it obviously saw the money making potential.
October 17, 2013
Instagram turns 3, now it has to make money…
About Ryan Swindall @Ryan_Swindall
Social Media Manager at Accellion View all posts by Ryan Swindall @Ryan_Swindall
This entry was posted on Thursday, October 17th, 2013 at 1:04 pm and posted in Twitter. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Ryan is an innovative, results-oriented, creative + analytical marketing and technology professional with an ability to visualize possibilities, communicate ideas, create solutions, and lead meaningful change.
- “Why Is Joe Rogan So Popular? He understands men in America better than most people do. The rest of the country sho… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- Elon Musk's ‘Starman' makes its first complete orbit around the Sun buff.ly/2ZauMbV https://t.co/9rwucemUe1 7 hours ago
- Instagram’s Long-Awaited Checkout Feature Is Finally Here buff.ly/2W9pVH1 https://t.co/GKOX1YnkV0 15 hours ago
- Twitter tests letting users follow topics in the same way they follow accounts buff.ly/2Z7Vshu https://t.co/JBbF54laX2 3 days ago
- Amazon quietly debuts new program for donating leftover products instead of destroying them buff.ly/304Dbir https://t.co/5SF3fgG5bU 4 days ago
Social Media Trifecta
Top Posts & Pages