In case you missed it, Instagram, the ridiculously popular photo and video sharing social platform, turned three years old last week. During those three years, the company swiftly overcame some tough obstacles (including a huge backlash to its proposed privacy changes) to remain the selfie addict’s app of choice. In three short years it has racked up some impressive feats. For instance, it has amassed 150 million users worldwide, who have collectively shared a brain-melting 16 billion photos. Figures like this prompted social giant Facebook to snap up the company for an estimated $1 billion in 2012 as it obviously saw the money making potential.
October 17, 2013
Instagram turns 3, now it has to make money…
About Ryan Swindall @Ryan_Swindall
Social Media Manager at Accellion View all posts by Ryan Swindall @Ryan_Swindall
This entry was posted on Thursday, October 17th, 2013 at 1:04 pm and posted in Twitter. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Ryan is an innovative, results-oriented, creative + analytical marketing and technology professional with an ability to visualize possibilities, communicate ideas, create solutions, and lead meaningful change.
- Mark Guntrip demos @Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection (TAP) from #RSA2017. ow.ly/s5wa30ajdNg #CyberSecurity 11 hours ago
- People won’t stop staring at their phones, so a Dutch town put traffic lights on the ground. bit.ly/2op9DZx https://t.co/zS2cogGXgQ 13 hours ago
- How Cyber Crooks Can Trick You With Fake Emails From Your Boss: ow.ly/b0uU30aep8k via @TheStreet #CyberSecurity 3 days ago
- @RH_Way @elonmusk sicher ist sicher! 3 days ago
- New @proofpoint Research Reveals a 45% Surge in Business Email Compromise Attacks—and Increased Domain Spoofing… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 days ago
Social Media Trifecta
Top Posts & Pages