In case you missed it, Instagram, the ridiculously popular photo and video sharing social platform, turned three years old last week. During those three years, the company swiftly overcame some tough obstacles (including a huge backlash to its proposed privacy changes) to remain the selfie addict’s app of choice. In three short years it has racked up some impressive feats. For instance, it has amassed 150 million users worldwide, who have collectively shared a brain-melting 16 billion photos. Figures like this prompted social giant Facebook to snap up the company for an estimated $1 billion in 2012 as it obviously saw the money making potential.
October 17, 2013
Instagram turns 3, now it has to make money…
About Ryan Swindall @Ryan_Swindall
Social Media Manager at Accellion View all posts by Ryan Swindall @Ryan_Swindall
This entry was posted on Thursday, October 17th, 2013 at 1:04 pm and posted in Twitter. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Ryan is an innovative, results-oriented, creative + analytical marketing and technology professional with an ability to visualize possibilities, communicate ideas, create solutions, and lead meaningful change.
- A digital #detox in a 1960 Caddy is how to be the best you. buff.ly/2u6yPtO https://t.co/UgHqr9KkTJ 16 hours ago
- 38 governors sign #cybersecurity compact buff.ly/2tCJJUs 17 hours ago
- 11 tips to prevent #phishing. buff.ly/2u6ZIO7 via @CSOonline https://t.co/KN2DzFZwrW 17 hours ago
- Roosevelt, Robber Barons, and the Continued Fight for Our Public Lands – via @MeatEater buff.ly/2tCNAAM https://t.co/QXaAzdkn17 18 hours ago
- Teen girls learn about protecting nation, breaking barriers at cybersecurity camp buff.ly/2uah5ha via @WSJ https://t.co/41CxdK3eW9 22 hours ago
Social Media Trifecta
Top Posts & Pages