In case you missed it, Instagram, the ridiculously popular photo and video sharing social platform, turned three years old last week. During those three years, the company swiftly overcame some tough obstacles (including a huge backlash to its proposed privacy changes) to remain the selfie addict’s app of choice. In three short years it has racked up some impressive feats. For instance, it has amassed 150 million users worldwide, who have collectively shared a brain-melting 16 billion photos. Figures like this prompted social giant Facebook to snap up the company for an estimated $1 billion in 2012 as it obviously saw the money making potential.
October 17, 2013
Instagram turns 3, now it has to make money…
About Ryan Swindall @Ryan_Swindall
Social Media Manager at Accellion View all posts by Ryan Swindall @Ryan_Swindall
This entry was posted on Thursday, October 17th, 2013 at 1:04 pm and posted in Twitter. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Ryan is an innovative, results-oriented, creative + analytical marketing and technology professional with an ability to visualize possibilities, communicate ideas, create solutions, and lead meaningful change.
- Modes of transportation in #TheWizardofOz, ranked buff.ly/2OajiSn https://t.co/lt6fG0T5E6 4 days ago
- RT @runnersworld: Sister Stephanie Baliga has run the Chicago Marathon every year since 2011. https://t.co/UA9bnUgDlG 4 days ago
- Your #Watch Says More About Your Status Than You Think buff.ly/2O2X8l3 https://t.co/a3Bq1KM6KH 4 days ago
- “In a cluttered world of boutique fitness studios and high-end gear, Guillermo Piñeda Morales reminds us that we do… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Makers, Don't Let Yourself Be Forced Into the 'Manager Schedule' | Inside Nuclino buff.ly/2K9c3Jm https://t.co/Jmefg5dqJX 4 days ago
Social Media Trifecta
Top Posts & Pages