In case you missed it, Instagram, the ridiculously popular photo and video sharing social platform, turned three years old last week. During those three years, the company swiftly overcame some tough obstacles (including a huge backlash to its proposed privacy changes) to remain the selfie addict’s app of choice. In three short years it has racked up some impressive feats. For instance, it has amassed 150 million users worldwide, who have collectively shared a brain-melting 16 billion photos. Figures like this prompted social giant Facebook to snap up the company for an estimated $1 billion in 2012 as it obviously saw the money making potential.
October 17, 2013
Instagram turns 3, now it has to make money…
About Ryan Swindall @Ryan_Swindall
Social Media Manager at Accellion View all posts by Ryan Swindall @Ryan_Swindall
This entry was posted on Thursday, October 17th, 2013 at 1:04 pm and posted in Twitter. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Ryan is an innovative, results-oriented, creative + analytical marketing and technology professional with an ability to visualize possibilities, communicate ideas, create solutions, and lead meaningful change.
- We Analyzed 2,113,307 Instagram Sponsored Posts And This Is What We Found | LinkedIn buff.ly/2TO7Flg https://t.co/Omh82vA26s 4 days ago
- Facebook is throwing money at local news and it could help win back trust in the industry buff.ly/2MkYO8p https://t.co/hl6BncJ8fq 4 days ago
- Twitter to make big changes! Colour-coded replies, Facebook like updates and more buff.ly/2MfpY0m https://t.co/Ik3f7Fjn2t 4 days ago
- Wait? What! This is an Onion article, right? Return of the Razr—With a Foldable Screen and $1,500 Price.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Facebook's entire business model is being dissected in Germany, where regulators are getting tough on tech.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
Social Media Trifecta
Top Posts & Pages